Tuesday 24 February 2009

ooooerrr.....

Well... junior's team forced a draw from Sheffield, which from 2-0 down in the first 5 minutes was far better than we were expected but having been 3-2 up up until the 39th minute was disappointing (they were playing 2 20 minute periods)

So this weekend we're up to Whitley Bay and will hopefully have time to stop off to see the beautiful Angel of the North. This has to be the most fantastic man made structure in the world.... I've seen the pyramids and the Sphinx and thought they were fantastic I've been in Tutankhamen's Tomb - which was very disappointing :( but the Angel of the North has a stark eerie majestic beauty that personally I dont think could be matched (ok maybe the Taj Mahal - but I've not been there!!)

I've never before followed a sports team so league tables have been totally alien to me - all I cared about was did we win on the day ... but this season I've actually worked out how they work and have been following all the stats and the Hi'Lo positions!!

we've got some busy weekends... whitley this week - newcastle next week and then Billingham the week after - oh boy my carbon footprint is going up and up ..... I'm trying hard to off set it - I have sooooo many little plants germinating on my kitchen window ledge that i shouldn;t need to buy veg all summer so hopefuly i can save some food miles to offset te ice hockey miles

2 comments:

laoi gaul~williams said...

have you wet your pants lovely?!!!!

Chugga said...

No I managed to restrain myself this week - but who knows, the kids are doing so well that we might even make it to the national finals again and if we do I really really will wet them if we win!! (and thats a promise!!)