Sunday 1 March 2009

yes, yes, yes yes yes yesyesyesyesyes

they've only gone and done it again! the kids thrashed Whitley bay u12's!! It was a great match to watch - the kids really wanted the win so were fighting for every inch of ice.

I got to see my beautiful angel too - we were going to stop off on the way back but for some reason (best known only to technology) Jane - the stupid sat nav lady decided that instead of coming back on the A1(M) we would return on the A19 - this meant we missed the angel and ended up near Billingham :S never mind.. we're back in Newcastle next week! So with a 12 o'clock face off we shall have plenty of time to visit her on the return journey.. I shall take my camera and try to get some good photos to post.

On the gardening front - I have jack's beanstalk growing on the window ledge - the beans are all about 7 inches tall so my day off on tuesday will be taken up building a cold frame out of some reclaimed housebricks and some glass sheets I found behind the shed. All my herbs are doing well too - even the parsley which folklore says only grows in a house where the woman is the boss! The beetroot need to be planted out too so I have to construct the "salad garden" - its going to recycle the sand pit that the kids have out grown and hopefully will keep the family fed on lettuce, beetroot, radish and spring onions with tomatoes and cucumbers to follow in some huuuuuge pots that I'm hoping to con out of my dad - they're a but battered, chunks out of the rims and so he "doesn;t like them" anymore - Ideal time for me to have them I think........

No comments: